Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Love Affair with M/V Doulos and Books

Last February 2007, the Marine Vessel Doulos sailed to the ports of Cebu to visit and impart to the Cebuanos a chance to discover its beauty. The UP High School Cebu was given a chance to visit this famous vessel. The M/V Doulos is so famous for its various collections of books which are sold for a low price. The crew that runs this marine vessel came from different countries of the world. It is a known fact that this large ship is two years younger than the famous Titanic.
My experience with this Marine vessel was an episode to remember. When I was Younger, I was also given a chance to visit this amazing vessel and discover its beauty for the first time. Last February was actually my second time to rediscover its wonders and beauty.
It was about twelve to one o'clock in the afternoon when we left school to visit the M/V Doulos It was right after lunch time. My friends and I always go outside of school to eat lunch at a cafeteria just across the UP High school campus. Just after we ate lunch, we hurriedly went back to the school just in time when the jeepneys that we were going to be riding in to Pier 1 came. We were in such a hurry that I left my wallet inside the classroom which was already locked at that time. I had no other choice but to get inside the jeepney and leave my money in the classroom.
When we arrived at Pier 1, we were really amazed to see the M/V Doulos. We formed our lines going inside the ship. We were welcomed by a stewardess. The first thing I did when I was on the M/V Doulos was to tour around this marvelous ship.
We went to the M/V Doulos' book fair. It was a great place. There were different kinds of books. Some of them are children's books, informative books, bibles, and lots more. I browsed some of the books and found some useful information. The book fair also sold key chains and other souvenir items. I was not able to buy books though, because I was not able to bring my wallet. Setting foot in this book fair made me love books even more.
The best experience I had with the M/V Doulos is when the friendly crew presented a simple program to the young visitors. The program included games, quizzes and presentations. I had fun watching Reiner Siega, one of my classmates, participating in one of the games they had prepared for us. It was one of my favorite parts of the program and M/V Doulos experience.
After the program ended, we went outside the M/V Doulos to wait for the jeepneys. We saw students of another school that were with us during the program. They went to the book fair. After a few minutes of waiting, the jeepneys arrived and we went back to school.
It was a fun-filled and exciting day. I had lots of fun with the M/V Doulos.

No comments: